Crispy Sweet Potato Rounds
These crispy baked sweet potato rounds are sure to be a yummy treat. And the chili powder gives them an extra kick!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch round
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
1. With the oven rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with a light coating of nonstick cooking spray. Place the potato rounds in a large microwave-safe bowl and cover with a large plate. Microwave on high until the potatoes are just tender, 5 to 9 minutes, tossing the potatoes halfway through cooking. Cool, covered, for 10 minutes, then drain in a colander.
2. Pour the panko into a shallow baking dish and mix with the oil. Transfer the potatoes back to the bowl and gently toss with the maple syrup, chili powder salt, and pepper. Dip each potato round into the panko and press lightly to adhere. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes.