Whole Wheat Grilled Cheese with Sliced Apples
This is no ordinary grilled cheese sandwich. Apples put a fun and sweet spin on this classic!
- 4 thin apple slices, about 2 ounces
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, about 1 ounce
- pinch black pepper
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Sandwich the apples, cheese and pepper between the slices of bread. Brush both sides of the sandwich with the oil.
2. Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat; once hot, add the sandwich and press lightly with a spatula. Cook until golden brown on the first side, about 4 minutes. Flip the sandwich and brown on the second side, about 4 minutes longer. Serve.