Here's a great ZOOM screensaver with a built-in game called ZOOMtag. You download it and install it on your computer — it doesn't use a web browser. When it's running, follow the on-screen instructions to play ZOOMtag or press any key on your keyboard to stop it.
Just choose the kind of computer you have, Macintosh (OS 8 or 9 only) or Windows.
Download for Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP — 950 K
- Click above to download ZOOMInstaller.exe (Win 95/98/NT/2000/XP only). Save it to the hard disk, not a floppy disk. Be sure to save it where you can find it later, such as the Desktop.
- Double-click ZOOMInstaller, which "unzips" into zoom ss install. Be sure to save it where you can find it later, such as the Desktop.
- Next, double-click zoom ss install, which installs the screensaver into your Windows computer.
- Go to your computer's Start menu, then Settings, then open the Control Panel window.
- Double-click the Display icon.
- Select the Screen Savers tab at the top, and find ZOOM Saver in the list.
- Click on Test (or Preview) to play it immediately. You can also change the settings, such as how long to wait before it starts.
Download for Macintosh OS 8/9 — 1.6 MB
NOTE: The ZOOMtag screensaver does not work with Mac OS X.
If it doesn't work, write to us.
- Click above to download ZOOMInstaller.hqx. Save it to the hard disk, not a floppy disk.
- Use a utility like Stuffit Expander® to decode it into just ZOOMInstaller (this may happen automatically).
- Double-click ZOOMInstaller, and install ZOOM Screen Saver into the Control Panels folder within your System Folder.
- You'll need to restart your Mac in order for it to work.
- By opening the ZOOM Screen Saver you put in the Control Panels folder, you can change its settings (such as the "Sleep Now Corner" of your screen that starts it immediately if you move the mouse there).