|What you do for this ZOOMdo:
- These are colorful, 3-D cards that are fun to make, and fun to give.
- To start, fold a piece of colored construction paper in half. You can also make a yarn picture on a smaller piece of paper and then glue it onto a card.
- Plan out your design. Use a pencil to draw a simple picture. Kortney drew a flower in a pot. Kyle made a card for his mom. He drew an eyeball. Inside, it says, “love you." Get it, Eye (I) love you?
- The simpler your drawing, the better.
- Choose the yarn colors to include in your card.
- Cut some pieces of yarn that are about a foot long.
- Trace over part of your pencil drawing with glue. Do a small area at a time so that you don't smear the glue as you work.
- Place the yarn in the glue. First, outline the big areas with the yarn. Then fill them in.
- To make a pattern, you can wrap the yarn around itself in a spiral.
- When you're finished, let the card dry.
- When it's dry, cut off any extra yarn. Write a message and give it to a friend!