|What you do for this ZOOMdo:
- Cover the table you're working on with newspaper.
- Dissolve the dye packet in warm water according to the directions on the package.
- Now for the tie dying: To make stripes, wrap several rubber bands very tightly around the sock. If you want to make a matching pair, wrap both socks together. To make circles, pinch a section of the sock and wrap a rubber band around it tightly.
- Put on your rubber gloves. Then, put your socks into the dye. Leave the socks in the dye for about a minute. To make your socks different colors, dunk one section into the dye at a time. Bring the socks to the kitchen sink and rinse them under running cold water. Put the socks on newspaper to dry.
- Once they are dry, take off the rubber bands.
- Make sure that you wash your tie dyed socks separately from the rest of your clothes the first few times you wash them, just in case the dye runs a little bit.
- You can also tie dye lots of other things using these techniques. Try dying t-shirts, pillow cases and napkins. Have fun!