|What you do for this ZOOMdo:
- Poke a hole in the bottle about an inch from the cap. You might want to ask an adult for help with this part. It helps to pinch the bottle and snip the folded plastic. Then you can stick the scissors into the hole to cut.
- Cut around the top and make a hole just about the same diameter as the bat. It should be about an inch and a half.
- Take a small piece of duct tape and make a double-sided ring and stick it on top of a plastic Wiffle™ bat. This will make the bat stick to the bottom of the bottle.
- Slide the bat inside the bottle. The fit should be snug if you didn't cut the hole too big. Press the bat against the bottom of the bottle until it sticks to the inside.
- Now you're going to tape four vertical strips of tape down the sides of the bottle and onto the bat. Each strip should be about a foot long. This will secure the bat to the bottle.
- Then tape a horizontal strip of duct tape to the bottle, over the 4 vertical strips. This will act kind of like a belt.
- Then wrap the duct tape in circles around the bottle and bat. You want to block any air from escaping to make the connection airtight.
- There! This will keep air pressure inside the bat. The more air pressure, the farther your hits will go.
- The last step is to decorate your bat with colored duct or electric tape. Patrick made his bat look like a rainbow with his tape.