|What you do for this ZOOMdo:
- Put a few of the flowers and leaves you collected in between two pieces of tissue paper.
- Put the tissue paper in between the pages of a thick book. Stack more books or other heavy objects on top of the book that has your leaves and flowers inside.
- Here comes the hard part: You have to keep the flowers and leaves in the book for about two weeks. But while they're pressing, you can start making and decorate the place mats.
- Cut your poster board to place mat size (about 16 by 12 inches).
- Draw or paint pictures on the poster board. Think about what will make your leaves and flowers look nice.
- After two weeks, you can take your leaves and flowers out of the book. They'll be pressed flat.
- Cut a piece of contact paper slightly larger than the poster board, about 17" by 13". Peel off the backing and place the poster board on top of the contact paper.
- Arrange your leaves and flowers on top of your decorated poster board in a nice design.
- This next part is tricky. You may want a friend to help you. Roll the contact paper over the leaves and flowers. Be careful so that the leaves and flowers don't move out of place when you do this.
- Trim the edges of the contact paper leaving a little on the sides to create a seal.
- Make a set for the kitchen table!