|What you do for this ZOOMdo:
- You'll be using a knife, a peeler, and some sharp wooden skewers here, so be sure to ask an adult to help.
- Peel some potatoes and then use a bread knife to slice them into small cubes. If you want, you can cut the corners off the cubes to try and make them rounder.
- Stack the cubes onto a wooden skewer. Be very careful not to poke your fingers during this part! The skewer makes the holes and also makes sure the holes don't close as the potato dries.
- Leave the skewer out in a dry area for two days. The potatoes will shrivel up and shrink. They will also become hard.
- Use the acrylic paints and glitter to paint the cubes while they're still on the skewer.
- Once the beads are dry, slowly take them off the skewer.
- You can string the beads on your piece of string to make a necklace, bracelet, anklet, key chain, or anything you want.