|What you do for this ZOOMdo:
- Cut sheets of newspaper into strips and then tear them into tiny pieces. You'll need about 1 1/2 packed cups of shredded paper.
- Place the paper in a large jar and fill it with about 3 cups of hot water.
- Screw on the lid and let the mixture stand about 3 hours.
- Shake the jar from time to time, and stir the pieces with a plastic spoon to break them up. The more you stir the pieces, the more the mixture will become pulpy, creamy and smooth. (Use a plastic spoon for mixing because the mixture will stain the spoon.)
- Add a little more hot water as the paper starts to absorb it.
- When the mixture is pasty and creamy, pour it into a pan.
- Dissolve 3 tablespoons of cornstarch in 1/2 cup of hot water.
- Pour it into the paper mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Take a handful of the mixture out and squeeze off the excess water. Put it on a piece of wax paper.
- Put another piece of wax paper on top and press your hands down all over the top of the mixture, letting the water seep up, and brush it off.
- Place it in the sun to dry. Repeat this process with the rest of the mixture. As the paper dries keep pressing down to get the water out.
- Let it dry overnight.
- When it's dry you have a homemade card to send to a friend!