|What you do for this ZOOMdo:
- To make the bubble solution, mix together one cup of dishwashing liquid, 3-4 tablespoons of glycerin and 12 cups of water.
- Tower of Bubbles:
- Poke a hole in the side of the cup. The hole should be big enough for the straw to fit through.
- Slide the straw into the hole.
- Put a washcloth over the opening of the cup. Put a rubber band around it.
- Dip the washcloth into the bubble solution and blow through the straw.
- Tiny Bubbles:
- Dip the colander into a container of bubble mixture and wave it around.
- Giant Bubbles:
- Take a long shoelace and tie it to one end of a stick. You can use a broom handle, a yardstick or a dowel. It helps if there is a hole at the end of the stick. Stretch the shoelace along the stick.
- Take a plastic ring, like a plastic shower curtain ring, slip it on the end of the stick where you tied the shoelace. Slide it about a third of the way down.
- Tie the shoelace to the ring. Be sure the ring can still slide up and down the stick.
- Tie the other end of the shoelace to the end of the stick where the shoelace is tied. The shoelace should now hang down in a U-shape.
- Attach the clothespin to the bottom of the U-shape of the shoelace. This keeps the shoelace from getting tangled when you dip it into the bubble mixture.
- Slide the plastic ring to the end of the stick--where the shoelace is tied-- and dip the shoelace in the bubble mixture. Make sure you get the entire shoelace wet.
- Raise the stick and wave it slowly, pulling the ring to the other end of the stick. It makes a giant bubble! To close off the bubble, push the ring all the back to the other end of the stick.