|What you do for this ZOOMdo:
- First, draw an animal onto the paper plate. On the show, Matt made a tortoise. You could also draw a funny person, or a wacky design. Whatever you decide to draw, you need to make sure it has arms or flaps on the sides because this is how it holds on to the strings.
- Now cut out the drawing and decorate it. Make sure you decorate the backs of the arms as well, because later you're going to fold them over and they'll end up on the front.
- Next, cut two 1-inch pieces of straw. Tape a straw piece onto the middle of each arm of the toy.
- Now, fold the arms over the straw pieces and staple them in place.
- The body of your toy is now complete.
- Now, cut two long pieces of string. Tie the ends of the strings around a paper towel tube.
- Thread the string through the straw pieces on the body of your toy, and tie a bead onto the end of each of the strings.
- To hang up your toy, cut one short piece of string and tie it around the middle of the tube. Tie the ends of the string to make a loop to hang your toy.
- Now it's time to test it out. Slide your toy to the bottom of the string.
- Pull the strings one at a time and your toy will climb up the string! When you pull on the right string the toy should slide up the right side until it gets stuck. And when you pull on the left string, it should climb up the left side until it gets stuck.
- You can make two toys and have a race with a friend!