|What you do for this ZOOMdo:
- To start, mix dishwashing liquid and a few drops of food coloring together in a paper cup.
- Dip a straw into the cup and blow bubbles through the straw onto a piece of paper. Make sure you just blow out on the straw, not in. Dishwashing soap tastes terrible!
- Try the same thing with another color. Experiment and see what different kinds of designs and color combinations you can make.
- Then, leave your stationery on some newspaper to dry.
- Once it's dry you can use it to write a letter to a friend.
- Now that you've got your own stationery you need something to mail it in, right? How about a recycled envelope?
- First carefully take apart the envelope so it's flat. This is your pattern.
- Next tear the pages out of an old calendar or magazine. Choose a page with colorful pictures and designs.
- Put the pattern over the page and trace it with a marker. Cut it out.
- Fold the flaps over and glue the side flaps to the bottom flap. Be careful not to get glue on the inside of your envelope.
- Press hard on the glued areas and let them dry.
- To use the envelope put your letter inside and fold the top flap down. Then, glue or tape it shut.
- You can even use it to send a cool idea to ZOOM!