Here's what you will need to make it:
- 1 can of tuna fish, drained
- grated carrot
- celery sticks
- red pepper sticks
- mixing bowl
Here's what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up before you start this.
2. To start, make the tuna salad by adding a little mayonnaise to one can of tuna fish. Carl says you can also add some grated carrot. If you don't like tuna, you could fill your canoes with cream cheese or peanut butter instead.
3. Now, take a piece of celery - that's your canoe. Make sure the celery is washed. Slice a small piece of celery off of the bottom of your canoe. This will keep your canoe from tipping over. If you aren't allowed to use a knife to cut the celery, ask an adult to help you.
4. Using a spoon, spread your tuna salad into the celery.
5. Next, add red pepper sticks for your canoe paddles.
6. And, there's your Tuna Canoe! Paddle up to the table and dive in.