Here's what you will need to make it:
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 cup low fat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- medium-sized bowl
- cutting board
Here's what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up before you get started.
2. Peel and cut the two cucumbers into 1/2 inch slices.
3. Put the slices into a bowl with a cup of water and add a teaspoon of salt.
4. Put the bowl in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight. This sucks the moisture out of the cucumbers.
5. When they're ready, drain the cucumbers, and put them back in the bowl.
6. Add one cup plain low fat yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 1/3 cup chopped cilantro, and 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Stir everything together.
7. If you want, you can also add 1/2 cup of chopped tomato.
8. You can use your Raita as a salad dressing or a yummy dip for veggies or pita bread.