||Rainbow Angel Cake
Here's what you will need to make it:
- white cake batter divided into three bowls (you can make the batter from a store-bought cake mix or from scratch)
- food coloring
- one can of vanilla frosting
- Bundt pan
- three bowls
- large spoon
Here's what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up before you start this.
2. Pre-heat your oven according to the cake recipe on the box of the cake mix.
3. Grease your Bundt pan.
4. Using 6-8 drops of food coloring, color each bowl of cake batter a different color. You could make one blue, one yellow, and one red.
5. Pour the red batter into the bottom of the Bundt pan.
6. Then spoon the yellow batter on top of the red batter so that they don't mix.
7. Then spoon the blue on top of the yellow. Smooth out the blue batter, being very careful not to mix the different layers together.
8. Bake the cake according to the directions.
9. Be sure to wear oven mitts so you don't burn yourself when you put the cake in and out of the oven.
10. Once the cake has cooled, cut it in half and set it on its side so that you have two rainbows.
11. You can color the vanilla frosting the same way you colored the cake batter.
12. Then frost the cake so it looks like a rainbow on the outside.
13. To see the rainbow on the inside, just slice the cake.