||Peanut Butter Bees
Here's what you will need to make it:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/8 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- small handful of sliced almonds
- medium-sized mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- plate covered with waxed paper
- small microwave-safe bowl
- small resealable plastic baggie
Here's what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up before you start this.
2. First, wash your hands.
3. Add the peanut butter and confectioner's sugar to the mixing bowl and cream it with the butter. Mix it until it is smooth.
4. Then, mix in the graham cracker crumbs.
5. Shape the dough into 1-inch ovals.
6. Put the ovals on the plate covered with waxed paper.
7. Now for the stripes. Microwave 1/8 cup chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl for about 15 seconds.
8. Check the chips every 15 seconds until they are melted. Then, put the melted chocolate into a resealable baggie.
9. This is a great way to make a homemade pastry bag. Make sure the baggie is sealed, then cut a teeny hole in the bottom corner.
10. Gently squeeze the baggie and put stripes on each bee. Don't squeeze too hard, or the chocolate will look too messy.
11. Then, put two dots of chocolate for eyes.
12. Add two almond slices for wings.
13. You can keep your bees in the refrigerator until you're ready to eat them, or you can just dig in!
14. Bon Appetit!