Here's what you will need to make it:
- flat cookies with a smooth surface (Sugar cookies work best. You can make them from scratch or use store-bought cookie dough.)
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 4-6 tablespoons of water
- medium sized mixing bowl
- small bowls of food coloring
- cotton swabs
Here's what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up before you start this.
2. To make the icing, combine 1 cup confectioner's sugar and 1 tablespoon of water in a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix well. Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the icing has the consistency of glue. If it's too thick, add a little more water; if it's too thin, add more confectioner's sugar.
3. Now, spread the icing on top of your cookie with the back of a spoon.
4. Next, put your cookies in the refrigerator for 1 hour so that the icing hardens.
5. To paint your cookies, just take your cotton swab, dip it in any color you want and then make a design on top of the icing.
6. You can also mix colors. So, if you want to make purple, you can use red and blue.
7. Leave your cookies out so that the food coloring can dry. Once the food coloring is dry, you can eat your cookies.
8. Invite your friends over for a cookie painting party!
9. Bon Appetit!