Here's what you will need to make it:
- large romaine lettuce leaves
- your favorite salad veggies like chopped carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, and red peppers
- your favorite salad dressing
Here's what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up before you start this.
2. First you need to wash and dry your lettuce really well. The ZOOMers used romaine lettuce because the leaves are really big.
3. Take your lettuce leaf and drizzle some of your favorite salad dressing down the middle. Thicker dressing, like ranch, works better because it won't run down your arm when you're eating your lettuce boat.
4. Now sprinkle on some of your favorite chopped veggies like carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, red peppers-whatever you like!
5. Add a few croutons.
6. Fold one side of lettuce over the add-ins and then fold the other side over like a salad burrito.
7. Now your lettuce boat is ready to eat. You'll need to eat it right away so the croutons don't get soggy. It can be a little messy so might want to eat it over a plate.