Here's what you will need to make it:
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup chopped dried figs
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped, pitted dates
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups granola
- 1 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons almond or peanut butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- large bowl
- wooden spoon
- 13 x 9 inch baking pan
- plastic wrap
Here's what you have to do:
1. These bars will give you lots of ZOOMy energy from fruits and nuts, not from chocolate or processed sugar.
2. Be sure to wash your hands and check with a grown-up before you begin.
3. Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix everything together really well.
4. Dump the mixture into a 13 x 9 inch baking pan and smoosh it with a wooden spoon. Try to press it down evenly so that it's flat across the pan.
5. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge overnight to allow the flavors to blend.
6. Cut it into about 24 squares.
7. Now, get ready to ZOOM!