||Homemade Salad Dressing and Veggie Parfaits
Here's what you will need to make it:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons red vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- dash of salt and pepper
- chopped celery
- chopped carrots
- chopped cucumber
- cherry tomatoes
- mixing bowl
- clear plastic cup
Here's what you have to do:
1. Parfaits are layered desserts. Salad parfaits are tasty, colorful snacks you can eat anytime.
2. Be sure to wash your hands and check with a grown-up before you begin.
3. Pour 2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 1/2 tablespoons of canola oil into a mixing bowl.
4. Slowly dribble 3 tablespoons of red vinegar into the oil and mix with a fork.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of honey.
6. Add 1/4 teaspoon of chopped, fresh basil and 1/4 teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme. You can use dried basil and thyme, but add a bit more because dried herbs don't have as strong a flavor as fresh herbs.
7. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Use your homemade dressing to dress a yummy veggie parfait, or a regular salad.
8. To make a veggie parfait, peel and wash some vegetables like celery, carrots, cucumber, and tomato. Then chop them into small pieces. Be sure to check with a grown-up before you do this.
9. Put a layer of each vegetable into a clear cup.
10. Pour some of your homemade dressing over the vegetables to add some punch to the crunch.