||Homemade Ice Cream
Here's what you will need to make it:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- large, 2-pound, 7-ounce coffee can with a plastic lid
- small, 1-pound coffee can with a plastic lid
- some ice
Here's what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up before you start.
2. First you'll need to freeze both of the coffee cans overnight.
3. The next day, mix the milk, cream and sugar together in the small coffee can.
4. Put the lid on and place it inside the larger can.
5. Pack the ice into the larger can around the smaller can, and sprinkle with salt so that it makes your coffee can ice cream maker really cold.
6. Put the lid on the larger coffee can and start rolling it. It takes a while so be patient.
7. Replace the ice when it starts to melt and open up the can and scrape the mixture from the sides once in a while.
8. Keep rolling until it's thick.