Here's what you will need to make it:
- 8 apples
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- cutting board
- 2 quart microwave safe bowl with lid
- wooden spoon
- oven mitts
Here's what you have to do:
1. Be sure to wash your hands and check with a grown-up before you begin. You'll be using a knife and a microwave for this recipe.
2. Peel, core and chop the apples into a 2 quart microwave safe bowl.
3. Add 1/3 cup water and put the lid on the bowl, but don't seal it. This will allow steam to escape and keep your applesauce from exploding all over the microwave.
4. Microwave on high for 12 to 14 minutes. If you don't have a microwave that turns, stop the microwave and rotate the bowl every four minutes. Make sure you use oven mitts when moving the bowl of apples.
5. Once the apples are soft, mash them with a wooden spoon.
6. Stir in 1/3 cup of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
7. You can put your sauce in the fridge and eat it cold, or have it while it's still warm. So, Serve up your sauce with a spoon and a smile.