Here's what you will need to make it:
- 1 quart lime sherbet for the "rind"
- 1 quart raspberry sherbet for the "fruit"
- 6-ounce bag chocolate chips for the "seeds"
- medium mixing bowl
- large mixing bowl
- bowl of warm water
- rubber spatula or spoon
- large dish for serving
Here's what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up before starting this.
2. Take the quart of lime sherbet out of the freezer and leave it out until it's soft. It doesn't take long.
3. Then, with a spatula or spoon spread a layer of the lime sherbet all around the inside of a large mixing bowl. This takes a few minutes to do.
4. Once you finish, put the bowl in the freezer so that the lime sherbet hardens.
5. While the lime sherbet is freezing, take 1 quart of raspberry sherbet out of the freezer and leave it out until it's soft.
6. Then, in a medium bowl, mix the raspberry sherbet with 6 ounces of chocolate chips.
7. When the bowl with the lime sherbet is frozen, take it out of the freezer and fill the center with the raspberry sherbet mixture. Make sure the top is smooth.
8. Then, freeze the whole thing again until it's hard.
9. After about 2 hours, take the watermelon out of the freezer and carefully dip the bowl in warm water. Make sure the water isn't so deep that it gets into the bowl.
10. Take the bowl out of the water and turn it over onto a plate so that the watermelon comes lose.
11. Remove the bowl, slice it like a real watermelon, and serve.
12. Bon Appetit!