Here's what you will need to make it:
- refried beans
- shredded cheddar cheese
- store-bought pie crust
- spoons for fillings
- baking sheet
Here's what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up before you start this.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
3. Lay the pie crust out and using a glass, cut out round circles. You can make 5 or 6 out of one pie crust.
4. Put the different fillings on one side of the circle: the refried beans, cheese, and salsa. You don't need to use very much of each. Make sure you leave enough room around the edge so that when you fold over the pie crust the ends meet. Fold the pie crust in half and press the edges closed with a fork so that the filling won't fall out.
5. Put the empanadas on a baking sheet.
6. Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Be sure to wear oven mitts so you don't burn yourself when you take them out of the oven.
7. Let the empanadas cool before eating them.
8. Try making them with other fillings that you like.
9. Bon Appetit!