Here's what you will need to make it:
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- cookie sheet
- oven mitts
Here's what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up and wash your hands before you begin.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. If you're not allowed to use an oven, make sure to ask an adult to help you.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, cornmeal, egg, vegetable oil, sunflower seeds, and water. Mix it together until it's smooth.
4. Sprinkle some flour on your work surface and then knead the dough. If the dough is really sticky, you can add a little more flour. Knead the dough for about a minute.
5. Pull off a small piece of dough and roll it in your hands. Roll it into a log about a half-inch thick. Pinch the ends to make a dog bone shape. You could also make letters that spell a dog's name.
6. Put your biscuits on a cookie sheet. Now put on your oven mitts and carefully place the cookie sheet in the oven. Bake your bones for about 35-40 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
7. Take the biscuits out of the oven and allow them to completely cool before sharing with your four legged friends. Be sure to wish them Bone Appetit!