||Chocolate Farm Mice
Here's what you will need to make it:
- 3/4 cup of dark chocolate
- 12 chocolate kisses
- 12 maraschino cherries with stems (if you can't find cherries with stems you can use red licorice for the tails)
- some sliced almonds
- pink frosting
- cookie sheet covered with waxed paper
Here's what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up before you start this.
2. Using a microwave, heat the dark chocolate, stirring every 10 seconds until it's melted.
3. Dip a cherry into the chocolate and cover it completely, stems and all. This will be the mouse's body and tail.
4. Quickly press the flat end of a chocolate kiss onto the cherry. This will be the mouse's head.
5. While the chocolate is still wet, attach 2 almond slices to the kiss and the cherry. These will be the mouse's ears.
6. Dip a toothpick into pink frosting. Put a dot of frosting at the tip of the kiss for the mouse's nose.
7. Place on a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper to cool.
8. This recipe appears in The Chocolate Farm Cookbook (c).