Here's what you will need to make it:
- fresh, flour tortillas -- not chips!
- refried beans (these are just beans that have been smooshed and fried in a pan, or you can buy them canned).
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheese
- salsa -- you can use store bought or homemade. If you want to use homemade, check out the CafeZOOM Salsa.
- sharp knife for slicing
- spoons for putting on toppings
Here's what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up before you start this.
2. Lay out a tortilla.
3. Take a big scoop of refried beans and spread on the tortilla. Try to spread the beans close to edges of the tortilla, so that when you roll your tortilla, it stays together.
4. Sprinkle shredded lettuce over the refried beans. Don't use too much or it won't roll nicely.
5. Spoon on some salsa.
6. Last, sprinkle on some cheese.
7. Now, roll up your tortilla really tightly. Then, slice it making inch-size pieces. A sharp knife works best, so you should ask an adult to help you cut the tortilla.
8. Once it's all sliced, put the slices on a plate and serve.
9. Bon Appetit!