||Burger and Fries Cake
Here's what you will need to make it:
- three 9 inch round cakes (two for the bun and one for the burger)
- one 8 inch square cake (for the fries.) You can make the cake batter from two boxes of yellow cake mix, or if you're making the cake from scratch, you have to double your recipe.
- 1 can of store bought chocolate frosting or 2 cups of homemade frosting
- decorations: tubes of white, yellow, and red frosting for the mayonnaise, mustard, and ketchup, green and red gumdrops for the pickles and tomatoes, shredded coconut colored with green food coloring for the lettuce, and crispy rice cereal for sesame seeds for your bun.
- large plate
Here's what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up and wash your hands before you start this.
2. Put one of your round cakes on a large plate. This will be the bottom bun for your burger. Make sure to leave plenty of room on your plate for the fries!
3. Squeeze some white frosting on the top of the bun. This will be the mayonnaise.
4. Sprinkle the green coconut lettuce.
5. Put another round cake on top. This is your burger. Frost the top and sides of the burger with the chocolate frosting.
6. You can stick some more of the "coconut lettuce" on the sides of your burger.
7. To make the pickles and tomatoes, press the green and red gumdrops with the back of a spoon until they're flat. Put the pickles and tomatoes on top of the burger.
8. Now squeeze some red frosting on the sides of the cake--this is the ketchup oozing out of your burger. Do the same thing with yellow frosting for mustard.
9. Now place the other round cake on top of the burger. This is your top bun. Sprinkle on some crispy rice cereal on top for the sesame seeds. .
10. Your burger is done! To make the french fries, cut the square cake into long pieces.
11. Pile them on the side of the plate next to the burger. Squirt some red ketchup frosting on top.
12. And there you have it, a hamburger and french fries for dessert! Bon Appetit!