Here's what you will need to make it:
- chicken wings or little drum sticks
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- blue cheese dressing
- celery sticks
- large bowl
- small bowl
- baking sheet
- oven mitts
Here's what you have to do:
1. Ask a grown-up for help. You'll be using an oven for this recipe.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Wash your hands.
4. Wash the chicken wings and put them in a big bowl. (Get help from a grown-up if you want to separate the joints on the chicken wings.) When cooking with raw chicken, be very careful to wash everything the meat touches. Also make sure you cook everything completely.
5. Combine 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 cup of hot pepper sauce, and 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar in a small mixing bowl. (The hot pepper sauce won't taste as hot once it's cooked.)
6. Pour half of the hot sauce mixture from the little bowl onto the chicken in the big bowl. Do not put the raw wings into the sauce. Use tongs to mix them around.
7. Use tongs to put the chicken wings on a baking sheet. Pour any hot sauce left from the chicken over the chicken on the baking sheet.
8. Wash the tongs after using them with the raw chicken.
9. Put on oven mitts to place the chicken in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes until crisp and brown.
10. After they're cooked, wear your mitts to take the wings out of the oven. The oven and baking pan will be very hot, ask a grown-up for help with this part.
11. Pour the rest of the sauce over the wings. Sprinkle paprika over the chicken.
12. Put your mitts on again to place the chicken back in the oven. Bake for another 15 minutes.
13. Use your mitts to take the chicken out of the oven. Let the wings cool.
14. Serve up your red-hot wings with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks to cool off your taste buds. They're great as an appetizer or with pizza!