||Baked Potato Bar
Here's what you will need to make it:
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- plain yogurt
- bacon bits
- bowls for toppings
Here's what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up before you start this.
2. First scrub the potatoes clean.
3. Then you need to poke holes in the potatoes with a fork -- that's so steam can escape while they bake.
4. You can bake them in the oven or the microwave. (If you use the oven, preheat it to about 425 degrees Farenheit first, and bake them for about an hour. In the microwave they take about 7 minutes on high.) Either way, be really careful because potatoes can get really hot. Be sure to wear oven mitts.
5. Let them cool for about ten minutes before handling them. You still want the potatoes to be warm so that they taste good.
6. Split each potato down the middle. Put out all of the toppings in bowls, and let each person create her own stuffed potato.