Here's what you will need to make it:
- 4 large apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- baking pan
- 2 mixing bowls
- apple peeler
Here's what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up before you start this.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
3. Then, peel, core and slice the apples.
4. Put the apples in a bowl and mix in 1/2 cup brown sugar.
5. In a separate bowl, using a fork, mix together 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
6. In another bowl beat together 1 egg and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Add them to the dry ingredients. You've now made the topping.
7. Put the apples in baking dish and pour the topping over them.
8. Bake in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes. When it's done the apples should be soft and the topping golden and crisp.
9. Using oven mitts, take it out of the oven and let cool.
10. Scoop some into a bowl. If you want you can serve it with a big scoop of your favorite ice cream.
11. Bon Appetit. Dig in!