Here's what you will need to make it:
- 1 cup peeled, chopped apples
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- large mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- 9 x 13 inch baking pan, greased
- oven mitts
Here's what you have to do:
1. Be sure to wash your hands and check with a grown-up before you begin. You'll be using an oven for this recipe.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a large mixing bowl mix 1/2 cup of butter that is softened or at room temperature with 1 cup of sugar.
4. Beat in 1 egg.
5. Add in 1 cup of flour a little bit at a time while you stir it into the butter mixture.
6. Add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
7. Add 1 cup of peeled and chopped apples.
8. Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan greased with butter. Try to distribute the apples evenly around the pan.
9. Use oven mitts to put the baking pan into the oven. Bake the brownies at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
10. Use oven mitts to take the brownies out of the oven and let them cool before cutting them into bars.