Chicken and Vegetable Yakitori
This recipe makes some delicious chicken and veggies. And the skewers make them fun to eat!
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Whisk the soy sauce, honey, water, vinegar and cornstarch together in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook until slightly thickened, about 1 minute; set aside.
2. Thread alternating pieces of chicken and vegetables on eight 6-inch skewers. Brush the skewers with the oil and season with pepper and salt. Grill over a hot grill, or in a grill pan, turning frequently until lightly charred and cooked through, about 15 minutes. During the last minute of cooking, brush the skewers liberally with the sauce.
3. Transfer the skewers to a serving plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve.