An even healthier way to enjoy tacos, this recipe skips the taco shell and converts it to a fun salad!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- ½ pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Add the turkey, chili powder, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Break up the meat with a wooden spoon and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add the corn and black beans, and gently toss together until heated through, about 3 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
2. Mound the lettuce and tomato on a platter. Top with the turkey mixture. Whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lime juice, cilantro, and ¼ teaspoon salt together, and drizzle over the salad. Serve.