Summer Saute of Veggies
You can go out to your garden and pick your veggies to saute up in this yummy summer dish!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 ears of corn, kernels cut off and reserved, cobs discarded
- 1 beefsteak tomato, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. When hot, add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to lose its red color and just begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the squash and cook until tender and just beginning to brown, about 12 minutes. Add the corn kernels, tomato and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the basil and serve immediately.