Roasted Root Vegetables with Thyme
A holiday meal is just not complete without roasted veggies. This recipe serves up a great dish!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 baby red or yellow potatoes, halved (about ½ pound)
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 pou
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about &fra
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 &f
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
1. With the oven racks in the upper- and lower-middle positions, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray two rimmed baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Divide the vegetables evenly among the two baking sheets. Roast, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 1 hour, rotating the positions of the baking sheets halfway through cooking. Serve.