This is a perfect, tasty meal that will make the whole family happy!
- 1 pound potato gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thin
- 15 sage leaves
- 1 medium shallot, minced (about 3 tablespoons)
1. Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup gnocchi cooking water, and drain. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the squash and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, about 10 minutes. Increase the heat to medium-high, and add the butter, garlic, and sage and cook until the foaming subsides, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the gnocchi, reserved cooking water, shallot, and pepper, and stir until thoroughly combined. Transfer to large serving bowl. Sprinkle with the parmesan, and serve.