Pita Party Pizzas
What kid does not love pizza? This recipe makes a healthy pizza with pita bread and fresh ingredients!
- 2 mini whole-wheat pita breads (about 1 ounce each), split in ha
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, about 4 ounces
- ¼ cup canned tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Place the pita halves on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven. Bake for two minutes then remove the baking sheet from the oven.
2. Sprinkle each pita half with 2 tablespoons mozzarella, being sure to leave a 1/4-inch lip around the edge. Top each pita half with 1 tablespoon tomato sauce, 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, 1/2 tablespoon pepperoni, and a pinch of oregano, and return to the oven. Bake until the cheese is melted and just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Serve.