These cookies are yummy and different from your everyday cookie - the molasses puts a sweet spin on this recipe!
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup blackstap molasses
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat Graham flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
1. With the oven rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl, as needed. Add the egg and mix until combined, followed by the molasses. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is well incorporated.
2. Drop large teaspoons of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart, transfer to the oven and bake until the edges are just brown, 8 to 12 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through cooking. For crispy cookies, let cool on the sheet. Let the cookie sheet cool completely between batches and repeat with the remaining dough.