Hoagies with Veggies
This is one hefty, veggie-filled sandwich!
- 4 whole-wheat hoagie rolls (or 1 whole-wheat French Baguette)
- 3 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 4 ounces baked or smoked ham
- 1 large tomato, cut into 8 thin slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 8 thin slices
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced thin
- ½ small red onion, cut into 8 thin slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
1. Remove the dough from the top half of the roll. Place all the cheese and ham on the bottom half of the
roll (or ¼ of each per roll, if using hoagie rolls). Top with the tomato, bell pepper, cucumber and red onion.
2. Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper together in a small bowl until combined, and drizzle over the open sandwich. Cover the sandwich with the top half of the roll, and wrap in plastic or parchment paper and refrigerate for one hour. Serve.