Whole Wheat Grilled Cheese
Who does not love grilled cheese? This is a healthy recipe for a classic favorite!
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, about 1 ounce
- 2 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Sandwich the cheese between the slices of bread. Brush both sides of the sandwich with the oil.
2. Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat; once hot, add the sandwich and press lightly with a spatula. Cook until golden brown on the first side, about 4 minutes. Flip the sandwich and brown on the second side, about 4 miniutes longer. Serve.