Greens with Basil Vinaigrette
Making your own dressing and your own salad is very rewarding - and delicious! This recipe is the perfect pair.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 cups mesclun greens
- ½ English cucumber, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ¼ cup Cheddar cheese, diced
- ¼ cup raisins
1. To make the dressing: Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
2. To make the salad: Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and drizzle with the dressing. Mix well and serve immediately.