Roast Chicken with Potatoes and Red Onion
This recipe is sure to make your kitchen smell good! Roasted chicken with yummy veggies - Mmm mm!
- 8 new potatoes, halved if small or quartered if large
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 red onion, cut into eighths
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into large dice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 branch fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and adjust the oven rack to the middle position.
2. Place the potatoes, carrots, onion, apple, garlic, rosemary, ½ teaspoon of salt and the pepper in a small bowl and mix well. Transfer the vegetables to a large baking pan. Season the chicken with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and arrange on top of the vegetables.
3. Transfer the chicken to the oven and cook until the juices run clear, about 45 minutes. If using a thermometer, the chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees. Transfer to a large platter and serve immediately.