This is a very easy recipe for a really yummy salad. Simple, yet delicious!
- 2 medium ripe beefsteak tomatoes, cored and sliced thin
- 2 large (3-inch) balls fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 12 fresh basil leaves, torn in half
Layer the slices of tomato and mozzarella on a large platter. Drizzle with the oil and balsamic vinegar, and season with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Scatter the basil on top, and serve.