This is an easy recipe for a pizza-like side dish with fresh tomatoes that you can grow in your garden.
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 slices french bread, toasted
- shaved parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Combine the tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, garlic and salt in a small bowl and toss to combine. Divide the tomato mixture between the slices of bread, and top with Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve immediately.