Black Bean Burger
We all love burgers, but this is a fun and healthy twist on an original using black beans!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 scallions, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Place 2 cups of the black beans in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until chunky. Transfer the processed beans to a large mixing bowl, and add the whole black beans, breadcrumbs, eggs, scallions, cilantro, garlic, cumin, and oregano and mix until well combined. Divide the mixture into 4 patties, ¾- 1 inch thick. Sprinkle the patties with the salt and pepper.
2. Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; once hot, add the oil. Cook until well browned on both sides and heated throughout, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve.