Sassy Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
DescriptionA perfect recipe for homemade cookies just in time for the holidays!
Ingredients• 1 ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
• ½ cup whole-wheat flour
• ½ cup all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ teaspoon baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
• 1 large egg, plus 1 egg white
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• ¾ cup raisins
Directions1. With the oven racks in the upper-middle and lower-middle positions, heat the oven to 350˚. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the oats, flours, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda together in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, whisk the brown sugar, butter, egg, egg white and vanilla together until smooth. Stir the oat mixture and raisins into the wet ingredients until just combined.
3. Divide the mixture into 30 balls (about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie). Place 15 balls on each baking sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between each. Lightly press down balls with the back of a measuring cup until about 1/2 inch thick.
4. Bake until edges are light golden and centers are just set, 11 to 13 minutes, rotating the rack position and the direction of the baking sheets halfway through baking time. Cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then serve warm, or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.