Chicken Noodle Soup
DescriptionThis recipe for hearty homemade chicken noodle soup is always a must!
Ingredients• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1
• Kosher salt and black pepper
• 2 medium onions, diced small (about 2 cups)
• 2 medium carrots diced small (about 1 cup)
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
• 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
• 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, diced small (about 1 in cubes
• 8 ounces egg noodles
• ¼ cup pack fresh basil leaves, coarse
Directions1. Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper, and sear in the oil until lightly browned on both sides, about 7 minutes. Remove the chicken to a platter.
2. Add the onions, carrots, garlic, and thyme to the pot and saute until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pot along with the chicken broth and potatoes. Cover, leaving the lid slightly ajar, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a separate pot of boiling water until al dente; then drain. When the chicken is done, remove it to a cutting board and shred into bite-size pieces with 2 forks. Return the chicken to the pot along with the noodles. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve, garnished with the basil.