Fiesta Bean Chili
DescriptionA yummy vegetarian bean chili recipe to warm you up.
Ingredients• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 spanish onions, coarsely chopped
• 2 bell peppers, diced
• 1 zucchini, diced
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon ground cumin
• 1 tablespoon dried Greek oregano
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 2 bay leaves
• 6 cups cooked red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
• 4 (1-pound) cans diced tomatoes
Directions1. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. When hot, add the onions, peppers, zucchini, garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and bay leaves, and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Add the beans and tomatoes with their liquid, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Decrease the heat to low and cook, partially covered, for 2 hours. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 2 days.