DescriptionWhen you need that afternoon energy, this energy bar is perfect. So healthy and very tasty!
Ingredients• ¼ cup toasted almonds, salted or unsalted
• ¼ cup toasted walnuts, unsalted
• 1 tablespoon toasted sunflower seeds
• 1 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds
• ¾ cup raisins (or any combination of dried cranberries, a
• ¾ cup old fashioned oats
• ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons crisp rice cereal
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, lightly toasted
• 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
• ½ cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
• ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions1. Cut an 18 inch piece of aluminum foil and fit it into the center of an 8 x 8 inch pan, so that it overhangs equally on parallel sides, working it into the corners and sides so that it adheres as much as possible. (Alternatively, spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray.)
2. Place the almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins, oats, rice cereal, coconut, and sesame seeds in a large bowl and mix to combine. Place the almond butter, honey, and vanilla in a small microwavable bowl and microwave until heated throughout, 30 to 60 seconds, and stir until combined. Pour the warm almond butter mixture over the nut mixture and mix until well combined.
3. Place the mixture into the prepared pan and pat down as hard as you can in order to make the bars dense. Use the overhanging aluminum foil to cover the mixture. Refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to five days. Remove by lifting up the aluminum foil. Cut the sheet in half, then cut each half into eighths. The bars should be about 4 inches by 1 inch. After cutting, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.